And when do these moments happen? When my subjects feel happy, safe and inspired by their surroundings, are less aware of the camera and can just be. Out on location or in the comfort of their own homes. It all makes perfect sense really.Welcome to LIFESTYLE PORTRAITS and your first step towards getting those lovely natural, emotion and memory charged family portraits that you crave.
It’s all about THIS
Character & Personality
Colours & Textures
Dreamy Moments & Love
Together these all make up what every Lifestyle Shoot is about and the images that are produced. A fun, relaxed and memorable experience set within inspiring surroundings that allows everyone to just be themselves and almost forget the camera is there. This is when the magic happens. Beautiful expressions & wonderful moments that are absolutely at the heart of every piece of art and define who we are; what you all are. You have a wonderful story and I want to document it for you now and in a way that will last with you forever.
Where I photograph
The key thing to remember is that to get these results we won’t be using a studio. I travel far and wide and the session fees cover locations within a 10 mile radius of where I live, RG24 8AR. I have spent a lot of time discovering all the best local locations and because of my featured photographer status I’m proud to have exclusive access to TYLNEY HALL HOTEL and BASING HOUSE. Both of these venues offer stunning backdrops, a sense of adventure to keep the little ones amused and are safe and secure. Alternatively the session can be conducted in the comfort of your OWN HOME & GARDEN, a favourite park or even the BEACH.
It’s as easy as 1-2-3….
(1) Session Fee
For all Lifestyle Session types (Babies, Children & Family, Couples, Extended Family) my fee is £50 for weekdays and £150 for weekends OR £295 for the ‘Watch Them Grow’ package for an unlimited number of sessions over 5 years. Included in this are the following:
- a pre-session briefing
- travel within a 10 mile radius of RG24 8AR
- the photoshoot itself (1-2 hours)
- full editing of your final collection of images (usually c50)
- provision of these in a temporary viewing and ordering gallery within 2 weeks
(2) then add a Digital & Print Collection
Digital and print photography collections start at £195 and comprise a combination of full res printable files (with full print license for unlimited printing), a gallery from which these can be downloaded by you locally and by friends and family overseas, and matching prints presented in a gift box. The top collection also includes a bespoke USB and video slideshow.
(3) Wall Art Design Experience?
This is very much optional. But if you would like to design some stunning pieces of wall art (mounted and framed, canvas, acrylic, box frames) to compliment certain areas of your home then we can do that together whilst viewing product samples and using my amazing design software that allows us to visualise the final piece(s).
We’ve had 2 fantastic photo sessions with Alistair so far and have had equally brilliant experiences, he has a very good eye for detail and good composure to bring out the best in the situation. We were very happy with his ability to amuse our baby girl both times and really understands ways of getting natural shots with all of us!
Words can’t express how pleased we are with Alistair’s photographs. We are so pleased we took the time to have them done and are really happy we chose Alistair. His patience and attention to detail will not be forgotten.
He was amazing from the start to the finish, from discussing our ideas to presenting us with his fabulous photographs. He captured our children’s personalities amazingly; our bossy, adventurous (and mischievous) 3 year old and our giggly, smiley (and wobbly at times!) 9 month old. The only problem we had was choosing which ones we wanted, we wanted all of them!
Thank you so much for not only an enjoyable photo session but also producing such beautifully finished pieces. I cannot recommend you highly enough. You were professional from start to finish but with a super friendly, relaxed approach which was fabulous for our camera shy girls !! A perfect balance !! Thank you Alistair x
More about the sessions Q&A
- WHO ARE THE SESSIONS FOR? Young and not so young, babies, children, little families and big family gatherings & couples
- WHY MIGHT WE WANT A LIFESTYLE SHOOT? Just because you want to document your family growing up, because you’re fed up with getting lots of lovely photos but you’re never in them(!), birthdays, christmas presents, to celebrate your engagement or anniversary and well, just BECAUSE.
- WHEN IS GOOD? I run the sessions all through the year. Clearly if we’re based in your home then it doesn’t matter when we have the session. For outdoor sessions the golden light of a summer’s evening can make for dreamy like images. But the glorious colours of Spring and Autumn also make for some beautiful pieces of art. And don’t underestimate the opportunities presented in winter too!
- HOW FAR IN ADVANCE SHOULD WE BOOK? As far as possible but ideally a minimum of 2 or 3 weeks for weekday sessions and 4 or 5 weeks for weekends
- HOW LONG DO THE SESSIONS LAST? approx 1-2 hours
- WHAT HAPPENS IF IT RAINS? When is good? We just reschedule. Simple – your session fee is guaranteed.
- HOW LONG DOES THE ON-LINE GALLERY REMAIN LIVE FOR? 7 days – this gives most people long enough.
Can you relate to this PARADOX of family photography?:
You love looking back over old photos of generations past and want to hold on to the memories of you and your own little family for their and your future
You HATE being in front of the camera and are worried about how your children will behave
Then Family Lifestyle Portraits are definitely for you….
The Campbell Family This was the third time I had the huge privilege of photographing this lovely family in their stunning home in Farnham. The first time was before Freya was born, the second for her Newborn portraits and this time on the verge of turning one and...
Springtime Family Portraits at Cowdray House What a delight it was to photograph the gorgeous Millie and her parents ahead of their wedding day at Cowdray House. The beautiful Camilia was simply too hard to resist as the perfect backdrop for all their lovely moments...
The Gorrod Family Family portraits at home? Yes, absolutely! There’s no greater privilege than being invited into a family’s home to photograph them all. Yes I love photographing families out on location but a home based session is ideal where there are...
Whether you’d like a location or home based shoot and whatever the time of year, occasion or reason (including birthdays and anniversary celebrations), I’d love to hear from you.